Lessonly is modern learning software used by teams to translate important work knowledge into Lessons that accelerate productivity. Max Yoder, the company's CEO, believes that employees flourish when they are shown that their productivity and development are valued.
Max grew the 4 1/2 year old company to 60+ employees in a short period of time, a company that is celebrated nationwide for its culture. Lessonly has earned a Top 3 ranking in Entrepreneur and CultureIQ’s list of Top Company Cultures of 2017.
Max also started Lessonly's nonprofit arm, The First Fund.
In this episode with Max, you will learn:
- How building a strong company culture is all about experimentation and iteration.
- How the CEO’s vulnerability is a key success factor to build a culture of trust.
- Why Max believes that employees flourish when they are shown that their productivity and development are valued.
- Why learning is critical to employee engagement and growth.
- How to scale up the culture when the company grows very quickly.
You can follow Max on Twitter @MaxYoder.
This episode is brought you by MOLD. Mold is a full-service brand agency that works with artists, writers and creatives to help its clients increase sales, book more gigs and boost audience engagement. Its creative team of graphic designers, videographers, writers and brand managers work together to make sure that every time a client’s name is seen or heard, it shines.
If you want to send me feedback, suggestions for future topics or guests, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @eX_Summit.
Thanks for listening.